I am honored to present to you the KEVIN.MURPHY Wings of Karen launch packet and to share with you why this campaign is so important to us!
In 1990, our fearless leader, mentor, owner, CEO, and my mother, Sydney Berry, was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Little did we know that journey would continue for 30 plus years of her life. I say 30 plus years because she has not only battled breast cancer three separate times in the past three decades, but she has now been battling stage four bone cancer for the past four years. Why I am sharing this along with this KEVIN.MURPHY BCA Launch Packet... Because, it’s personal at Salon Services! Breast Cancer Awareness Month is not only October for us. IT’S EVERY SINGLE DAY! It’s also important to know the reason KEVIN.MURPHY has chosen to partner with Wings of Karen. It was through Sydney’s connection with this nonprofit and to honor her fight, her grit, her resilience, her courage, her passion for making a difference in this world and for leaving a legacy of positive change. (Pictured below: Stacy Kurtz, Sydney Berry, & Sydney's grandson Kanon)
This is not a sad story; this is a story of hope, of resilience, of thriving and lifelong pursuit of making a difference in this world! She lives life out loud and continues to push through barriers so that she can continue to share her story with all of us! We are a part of something much bigger with this campaign, so please help us by sharing this story so your community can get involved and be inspired in this campaign and give back to a cause that is so close to our hearts. Utilize the resources that Kevin Murphy and their team have created to make this the most successful Wings of Karen donation yet!
Even if you are not a KEVIN.MURPHY salon, you can still participate in creating your fundraiser to support Wings of Karen. There are donation cranes that you print out and proudly display around the salon! Salon Services will be elevating this initiative throughout all social platforms, and we encourage each of you to share your story, your why and encourage your clients to do the same. You can support our race for the cure in October by adding a $5 donation crane to your online order or in any of our showrooms.
Make Your Donation Here
Wings of Karen is a local nonprofit foundation with 100% of the funds raised going directly to cancer research that is changing lives. Researchers from UW Medicine who have created the first-ever vaccine for Breast Cancer from the funds that we have raised!!! It isn’t about wearing pink to raise awareness - THIS IS ABOUT CHANGING THE TRAJECTORY OF BREAST CANCER HISTORY! Check out more on their website.
Facts About Breast Cancer In The United States
- One in eight women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 252,710 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,500 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,470 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 460 will die each year.
- On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer and 1 woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes.
- Over 3.3 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the United States today.