At Salon Services, we conscientiously focus on our actions to create sustainability in all manners of our touchpoints. Everything we do serves to minimize the negative impact that our core operations has on the environment and the communities where we operate. From the reusable packing materials, we use for every shipment to the solar panels that power our offices. Reducing, reusing, and recycling is our commitment to do business in ways that are good for people and the planet.
We strive to reduce our carbon footprint by:
- Installing LED lights in our corporate facility.
- Not only are LED lights more energy efficient, but they have a 25-year life span.
- Having a paperless accounting department.
- All of our billing communications to customers are now emailed.
- Solar paneled the entire roof at our corporate headquarters.
- Our solar panels power our entire corporate headquarters and produce enough energy to power three homes for an entire year!
- In 2018, we produced 34,326 kwh in solar energy.
- Utilizing totes instead of boxes for our weekly showroom deliveries.
- Reduces our carbon footprint by reusing totes and minimizing packing that is utilized.
- Partnering with Green Circle Salons to support recycling the salon waste from our classes.
- We are able to recover up to 95% of the resources that were once considered waste; materials such as hair, leftover hair color, foils, color tubes, aerosol cans, paper and plastics.
- Installing a cardboard shredder to recycle our boxes for utilization as packing material for our shipments.
- The cardboard shredder is our most recent solution to repurposing and recycling the cardboard waste we receive every week. With this shock absorbing and flexible material, we can protect and safely ship our customer’s orders without the use of plastic bubble packing materials. Not only does this reduce waste for us, but it also creates easier recycling for our salons too!
One of our core values is innovation. For us, this means doing what hasn’t been done and to search for a better solution and then top it. We evolve continuously and experiment without fear of failure. We are always working to improve our customer experience.
With our continued growth, we have implemented new technology into our Distribution Center to improve our efficiencies and honor our same day shipping policy through:
- Warehouse Management System
- Since introducing the WMS software and processes into our Distribution Center, we have been able to control and administer warehouse operations from the time product enters our warehouse until it is shipped out.
- Example: WMS gives us the visibility of our bin locations needing replenishment. Our team is able to restock locations and reduce inefficiencies of our team picking orders, finding empty locations, restocking, and then fulfilling an order. This greatly reduces our pick time and our ability to get orders out the door!
- WMS also improves our efficiencies in “dock to stock”. Our software has the ability to hold the dimensions of our bin locations. When we receive our shipments, we are able to find the right locations for the quantity of inventory we are receiving. In the past, our team would be looking for locations and creating space. Now, we can be more productive.
- FastFetch is a picking solution that improves our productivity by fulfilling multiple orders with a single pass through a picking area. Our cart system combines lights, voice, and wireless barcode scanning to give us fast and accurate order fulfillment in a hands-free, eyes-up way.
- Fast Fetch takes us from picking 60 lines to 180! Tripling our order capacity!
- Camera Quality Assurance
- Ensuring our shipments are accurate is important to us and our customers. We are going to be launching a camera that will take pictures of all shipments before they are sealed. This will allow customer care to easily access those pictures when shortages are reported and speed up the time in resolving those claims and offer great customer service.
We consider ourselves the “Protectors of the Beauty Industry” and improving our customers experience through technology and sustainability is an opportunity for us to connect to more professionals in our industry.
We would love to hear from you! Please feel free to email us at [email protected].