Seeing a need for change and having a desire for a more sustainable future, KEVIN.MURPHY
has committed to changing their packaging to 100% ocean waste plastic (OWP).
"We’re committed to reducing plastic waste in the best way we know how: by cleaning up our oceans and reclaiming that plastic to package our hair products. Starting now, we are converting our bottles to 100% reclaimed Ocean Waste Plastic (OWP) and in doing so, will save a projected 360 tons of plastic from the ocean each year."
KEVIN.MURPHY is the first beauty brand to offer packaging made with 100% Ocean Waste Plastic. Why we need to change:
- Every minute one garbage truck of plastic is dumped into the ocean
- 8 million tons of plastic enter our oceans each year
- A staggering 150 million tons of plastic currently litter our oceans
- The world produces more than 300 million tons of plastic each year
- More than 95% of all plastic packaging is only used once
- By the year 2050 there will be more plastic than fish by weight in the ocean